Exam Code: 220-1001 (Practice Exam Latest Test Questions VCE PDF)
Exam Name: CompTIA A+ Certification Exam: Core 1
Certification Provider: CompTIA
Free Today! Guaranteed Training- Pass 220-1001 Exam.
NEW QUESTION 1
A user receives the following error message when powering on a computer:
Hard drive cannot be found.
A technician restarts the computer, and it boots the OS normally. Several days later, the user reports another problem, but rebooting the computer does not resolve the issue. The technician replaces the motherboard, keeping the same CPU, battery, RAM, and hard drive. The user cannot authenticate at the login screen Which of the following would BEST explain the causes of the problem? (Select TWO)
- A. POST error code beeps indicate RAM failure.
- B. The system time is not set correctly in the BIOS
- C. The voltage on the coin cell is drained completely
- D. UEFI firmware has the Secure Boot setting enabled
- E. Capacitors on the motherboard are distended
- F. Incorrect settings are booting the wrong device
- G. A BSOD error indicates the system is crashing
NEW QUESTION 2
A user is experiencing issues synchronizing a smartphone. The user is able to connect to individual services, but each requires a different password. Which of the following needs to be configured to allow the user to access web services securely with a unique password?
- A. SIM
- B. SMB
- C. SSL
- D. SSO
NEW QUESTION 3
After setting up a DHCP server and a DNS server a technician would like to centralize all of the events generated by the two servers so they can be viewed in one dashboard. Which of the following is a data source used to populate the dashboard?
- A. Netstat
- B. Host file
- C. Perfmon
- D. Syslog
NEW QUESTION 4
Joe, a user, sets up an IMAP connection on his smartphone to connect to webmail. Joe is able to view email, but he receives an error message when trying to send a message. When viewing the mail client’s configuration, Joe sees a valid SMTP server and port. Which of the following should Joe check NEXT to resolve the issue?
- A. Configure the email account as a POP3 connection
- B. Ensure the SSL/TLS option is being used
- C. Check that the account password is still valid
- D. Make sure the smartphone is not in airplane mode
NEW QUESTION 5
A technician is troubleshooting a laptop/projector combination that is displaying artifacts on the screen. When a different laptop is connected to the projector, the image appears to be correct but is very dim.
Which of the following steps should the technician take to address these issues? (Choose two.)
- A. Update the video drivers on the laptop.
- B. Increase the projector contrast.
- C. Replace the original laptop.
- D. Change the aspect ratio on the projector.
- E. Replace the bulb in the projector.
- F. Modify the laptop’s display resolution.
NEW QUESTION 6
Which of the following networking protocols would be BEST track packages through a sorting facility?
- A. RFID
- B. NFC
- C. Bluetooth
- D. Zigbee
NEW QUESTION 7
A workstation was just moved to a new work location without a surge protector. It was working the day before, but now the PC will not power on, the fans will not spin, and there are no signs of activity. Which of the following should the technician do FIRST?
- A. Check the power cable connection
- B. Check the voltage of the PSU with a tester
- C. Test for distended capacitors
- D. Check the voltage switch
NEW QUESTION 8
Following a recent malware infection, a user is unable to access network shares from the local server. A technician verifies the device is able to connect to the Internet and the hosted email provider off-site The technician also confirms the local server is online Additionally, a malware scar reports the user's computer is clean Which of the following is the best NEXT step to troubleshoot the issue?
- A. Verify the DNS servers are configured properly on the device.
- B. Assign a static IP address on the wired network connection
- C. Run a speed test on the network to check for slow transfer speeds
- D. Confirm the network connection is not using a link-local address
- E. Replace the Ethernet cable as it is causing limited connectivity
NEW QUESTION 9
A customer reports being unable to access email on desktop workstation, however, other office application are working. A technician determines the computer has an IP address of 169.254.1.10. The technician learns from the customer that the computer recently was moved across the room. Which of the following troubleshooting steps should technician take NEXT?
- A. Check the default gateway
- B. Verify physical Ethernet connections
- C. Test web browser functional
- D. Restrict the computer
- E. Resolve the IP address conflict
NEW QUESTION 10
Several company users are frequently forgetting passwords for their mobile devices and applications. Which of the following should the systems administrator do to reduce the number of help desk tickets
- A. Implement single sign-on.
- B. Enable multifactor authentication.
- C. Configure biometric authentication.
- D. Remove complex password requirements.
NEW QUESTION 11
A shipping department is having problems with its thermal label printer. Two columns on the left are not appearing on all labels. Which of the following should a technician do FIRST?
- A. Verify the ribbon is correctly aligned to the label
- B. Run a label calibration
- C. Remove stuck labels from the print path
- D. Replace the print head
NEW QUESTION 12
The IT department recently upgrade client computer for the graphics department. A user reports the new computer has not worked since up. It , makes unusual sound when pressing the power button.
A technician verifies the power cable works and the computer is connected properly to both data and power. The monitor powers on but display the message NO source. Which of the following BEST explains the cause of this problem?
- A. There is insufficient power to the computer
- B. There is back screen on system boot.
- C. The computer is overheating.
- D. The error beep codes on POST.
NEW QUESTION 13
The network administrator has changed the IP address of ComputerA from 192.168.1.20 to 10.10.10.20 and now Jane, a user, is unable to connect to file shares on ComputerA from ComputerB using the computer name.
Using the available tools, resolve the connectivity issues. After troubleshooting the issue, verify a successful connection.
If at any time you would like to bring back the initial state of the simulation? please click the Reset All button.
- A. Mastered
- B. Not Mastered
Need to flush the DNS cache on Computer B:
Type in ipconfig/flushdns
NEW QUESTION 14
About one week ago, access to files on a network server became significantly slower. Today, network files are completely unavailable. A technician is able to make a remote connection to the server. Which of the following should the technician check NEXT?
- A. RAID 5 array
- B. NIC configuration
- C. Available storage space
- D. RAM utilization
NEW QUESTION 15
A server needs a RAM upgrade, and a technician has been tasked with retrieving the RAM from storage and then installing it.
Whish of the following is the BEST RAM type for the technician to retrieve?
- A. SoDIMM
- B. DDR4
- C. Single channel
- D. ECC
NEW QUESTION 16
A laptop is connected to a conference room projector in extended display mode. The desktop icons appear normal on the laptop, but are disproportionate and illegible on the projector screen. Which of the following should the technician check?
- A. Video resolution
- B. HDMI connection
- C. Keystone
- D. Focus
NEW QUESTION 17
Which of the following is used to connect a headset to a laptop?
- A. eSATA
- B. BNC
- C. RG-6
- D. USB
NEW QUESTION 18
The graphics has an issue with printing certain files. The printer does not print the complete image on larger files. A technician verifies the network speed of the printer is set to 1GB and that regular text files print without issue. Which of the following is the MOST likely cause of this problem?
- A. The printer needs more RAM
- B. The print server is timing out
- C. The users are not printing in post-script mode
- D. The printer network connection is set to half duplex
NEW QUESTION 19
A technician is replacing the LCD panel in a laptop. Which of the following components is MOST likely to be damaged accidentally during the repair?
- A. Bezel
- B. Hinge
- C. Motherboard
- D. Digitizer
NEW QUESTION 20
The corporate office has mandated that all documents must be electronically signed and encrypted with a certificate in order to be stored on the network. The IT department has been asked to ensure the proper file format is used to accomplish this task. Which of the following would satisfy the requirement?
- A. Print to PDF
- B. Print to file
- C. Print to image
- D. Print to XPS
NEW QUESTION 21
An end user is unable to connect to the network, and a technician has visually verified the lights on the back of the PC are active and there is no physical damage to the Ethernet jack. Which of the following tools should the technician use to continue troubleshooting the connection?
- A. Punchdown tool
- B. Tone generator and probe
- C. Cable tester
- D. Crimper
NEW QUESTION 22
A technician is dispatched to troubleshoot a slow performance issue on a PC. Upon arrival, the technician immediately opens Task Manager and sees that CPU and RAM performance are within normal ranges. The technician then checks and verifies the speed and duplex settings and performance on the network card. The technician then temporarily disables the antivirus to see if performance is affected, and it is not. After
re-enabling the antivirus, which of the following is the NEXT best stop for the technician to take?
- A. Check to see if insufficient hard drive space is causing the issue
- B. Update the operating system, drivers, and firmware on the PC
- C. Log into the PC with another user profile and test performance
- D. Shut down the PC, unplug the power for 30 seconds, and then boot the PC
NEW QUESTION 23
A company has very strict rules regarding proprietary information leaving the premises. All computers host proprietary information. A technician is called to repair a computer on-site at the company’s corporate office. The technician identifies the troubleshooting steps to create a plan of action. The technician determines the computer needs to be taken off-site for repair.
Which of the following should the technician do NEXT?
- A. Check corporate policies for guidance.
- B. Get authorization from the manager.
- C. Delete proprietary data before leaving the building.
- D. Remove the HDD and send the device for repair.
NEW QUESTION 24
A user wants to build a computer with a high-end CPU, plenty of RAM, and a high-end graphics card for online gaming. The user wants to verify that the graphics card is compatible with the motherboard. Which of the following connection types would the user MOST likely utilize to connect the video card to the motherboard?
- A. PCle
- B. ISA
- C. AGP
- D. USB
NEW QUESTION 25
An office has a network that has all computers connected to two switches. The switches are connected with a fiber cable. The computers and switches are all located in the same building. Which of the following network types does this describe?
- A. WAN
- B. PAN
- C. LAN
- D. MAN
NEW QUESTION 26
A user is no longer able to browse the Internet after returning from vacation. The user is able to log in and navigate to the local intranet, but not to any outside sites. A technician pings a well-known website by name but gets no reply. The technician then pings its IP address and gets a reply.
Which of the following commands will MOST likely resolve the issue?
- A. ipconfig /all
- B. ipconfig /flushdns
- C. ipconfig /release
- D. ipconfig /setclassid
NEW QUESTION 27
P.S. Easily pass 220-1001 Exam with 202 Q&As 2passeasy Dumps & pdf Version, Welcome to Download the Newest 2passeasy 220-1001 Dumps: https://www.2passeasy.com/dumps/220-1001/ (202 New Questions)