It is impossible to pass Oracle 1z0-485 exam without any help in the short term. Come to us soon and find the most advanced, correct and guaranteed . You will get a surprising result by our .
Online Oracle 1z0-485 free dumps demo Below:
NEW QUESTION 1
Which two actions are permitted with Exadata Database Machine?
- A. replacing the Ethernet switch with an equivalent 1U 48-port Gigabit Ethernet switch
- B. installing a second Ethernet switch in the Exadata rack for client access network connectivity
- C. replacing the Sun Data Center InfiniBand Switch 36-spine switch with an InfiniBand Gateway Switch
- D. configuring a Linux active-active channel bonding on the database servers by using two 10-Gigabit Ethernet port
- E. configuring a Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) protocol on database servers
Explanation: There are total two category of network switches used to prepare computing environment inside the rack.
* InfiniBand Switches - two models used depending on requirements Sun Oracle 36-port InfiniBand Switch
Sun Oracle InfiniBand Gateway Switch
* Ethernet Switch - primarily for management purposes Cisco Catalyst 4948
Common information that applies to both of these InfiniBand switches Form Factor: One rack unit (1U) height
Power Supplies: Two Cooling Fans: Five
IB Subnet Management: Yes Firmware Upgradeable: Yes
Command Line Access: Yes. Via ssh and usb-serial access Web Based Management: Yes
SNMP Access: Yes
As you might have figured out by now that the IB Gateway switch is almost like a super set of 36-port switch in terms of features and capabilities.
Not E: Since the Exadata hardware cannot be modified, it is not supported to add HBA cards to any of the Exadata servers. It is supported to present storage via the network ports on the database servers via NFS or iSCSI, although Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) is not supported.
NEW QUESTION 2
What are two impacts of selecting high redundancy over normal redundancy for your diskgroups?
- A. High redundancy provides more usable storage.
- B. Normal redundancy provides more usable storage.
- C. High redundancy gives you better I/O performance.
- D. High redundancy provides High Availability (HA) during disk failure and rolling Storage Server patching
- E. Normal redundancy provides HA during rolling Storage Server patching.
NEW QUESTION 3
Which statement is true about the patching features provided in Platinum Services?
- A. Patching services are available for the full software stack up to twice per year.
- B. Patching support includes Exadata, Exalogic, and Database Appliance.
- C. Rolling window and complete down time approaches are two options to patching.
- D. Platinum covers Exadata storage software and firmware patching, but the customer must perform database patching.
Explanation: * Patch Deployment: Oracle Platinum Services also includes patching services in which Oracle
applies patches to covered systems four times (not A) per year via the Oracle Advanced Support
Gateway. We work collaboratively with customers to assess, analyze, plan and deploy updates
and patches to mitigate risks and complications. Through this continuous improvement, customers can experience greater system performance, availability, and security.
* not B: Oracle Platinum Services provides enhanced support for high availability and performance to Oracle Premier Support customers
running certified configurations of Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, or Oracle SuperCluster—at no additional cost.
NEW QUESTION 4
Identify three best practices for applying asmdeactivationoutcome es on Exadata Database Servers and Exadata Storage Servers?
- A. Backing up database servers and storage cells is not recommended before performing planned maintenance.
- B. Database server updates can be rolled back using the the “yum downgrade" procedure.
- C. Bundle patches do not require testing before being installed on a production system.
- D. It is recommended that Exadata systems with Data Guard configured use the "Standby First" patching approach.
- E. Patching should never be interrupted due to a connection dro
- F. It is therefore recommended that you use VNC or the screen utility.
- G. Before patching cells in a rolling manner, you must check asmdeactivationoutcome amModestatus and make sure that cells on all disks are online and that disks can be deactivated.
NEW QUESTION 5
When an Exadata Storage Server hard disk failure alert is received, what manual action must you take to restore the system to full redundancy?
- A. Replace the disk and run MegaCLI to rebuild the degenerate mirror.
- B. No manual action is required because Automatic Storage Management (ASM) fast mirror resync is automatic
- C. No manual action is required because ASM rebalancing is automatic.
- D. Replace the disk and manually copy the mirror extents to the new drive.
- E. Run RMAN REPAIR FAILURE.
Explanation: As soon as the Hard Disk failure is noticed by the MS (Management Server) background process on the Cell, it will raise an alert that will also be published to Grid Control, if configured. Immediately, due to Pro-Active Disk Quarantine, the ASM-, Grid- and Celldisks get dropped. ASM rebalancing is triggered. You as the responsible Admin notice the alert and order a replacement Disk resp. use a Spare Disk to plug it into the Cell after you plugged out the damaged one. The Cell can stay online, because the Hard Disks are hot-pluggable.
No further administrative work to be done, typically.
NEW QUESTION 6
What are the three customer options for hosting the Platinum Services Advanced Support Gateway?
- A. Install on Exadata Engineered System.
- B. Provide individual x86 64-Bit gateway hardware.
- C. Install in Oracle Virtual Machine with required hardware.
- D. Install on Oracle Database Appliance.
- E. Purchase the recommended x86 64-Bit gateway hardware from Oracle.
Explanation: Oracle provides a flexible model for deployment of the Oracle Advanced Support Gateway via no charge software that can be
installed in three configurations:
1. On x86 customer provided servers;
2. On x86 servers purchased from Oracle;
3. Installed on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud or Oracle SuperCluster systems.
Oracle Platinum Services provides enhanced support for high availability and performance to Oracle Premier Support customers running certified configurations of Oracle Exadata Database Machine, Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, or Oracle SuperCluster, at no additional cost.
NEW QUESTION 7
Identify the relevant steps in the correct order for activating an Auto Service Request (ASR) configuration.
1. Add SNMP traps manually or using OneCommand.
2. Install ASR Manager.
3. Activate a node on ASR Manager.
4. Validate the configuration.
5. Register ASR Manager with Oracle.
- A. 2, 5, 1, 3, and 4
- B. 2, 4, I, 3, and 5
- C. 5, 2, 4, 1, and 3
- D. 5, 4, 2, 1, and 3
Explanation: 2.Install Oracle Auto Service Request (ASR) Packag 5.Register the ASR Manager
1.Add SNMP Trap Destinations for Multiple Servers Using the dcli Utility
3. Activate Node on the ASR Manager
NEW QUESTION 8
You are measuring the I/O savings provided by storage indexes for Table A. One of your scripts displays the I/O savings as a result of the storage indexes. Which two statements are true?
SQL> select count (*) from transmap.mymap_comp 2 where map_id between 400 and 500;
SQL> select b.name, a.value/1024/1024 value from vSmystat a, vSstatname b,
where b.statistic# = a.statistic#
and b.nafne in (•cell physical IO bytes eligible for predicate offload',
•cell physical IO interconnect bytes',
•cell physical IO bytes saved by storage index',
•cell physical IO interconnect bytes returned by smart scan') order by 1;
Statistic Value (MB)
cell physical IO bytes eligible for predicate offload 2,255 .09 cell physical IO bytes saved by storage index .00
cell physical IO interconnect bytes 1.72
cell physical IO interconnect bytes returned by smart scan 1.68
- A. The storage indexes were disabled using the disable_storage_INDEX Parameter.
- B. Storage Index data is not on the Cell Server's region index memory structures yet because this predicate has not been used.
- C. Since the database was started, no quires were run against this table with the same predicate.
- D. The storage indexes reduced the amount of physical I/O bytes significantly for this query.
Explanation: * cell physical I/O bytes eligible for predicate offload Number of bytes eligible for predicate offload, an indication of smart scan
* (not D) cell physical I/O bytes saved by storage index Here 0.
Number of bytes saved by a storage index; this is a reflection of how many physical disk I/O bytes (and by proxy, requests) were saved due to a storage index eliminating candidate blocks
NEW QUESTION 9
How does partition pruning, a 11gR2 database feature, help to improve performance on an Exadata Database Machine?
- A. Partition pruning allows you to reduce a 5 TB I/O operation to a much smaller I/O operation and therefore, enables a much faster return of information.
- B. Using partition pruning can force the optimizer to use that method instead of Smart Sca
- C. Partitioning in Exadata should be used wisely,
- D. Partition pruning is not a supported option in the 11gR2 database code that runs on an Exadata Machine, due to issues with Cost Based Optimizer plans.
- E. Partition pruning allows you to reduce the size of the physical table by reducing fragmentation within the individual tables.
- F. Partition pruning allows you to reduce a 5 TB I/O operation to a larger I/O operation and therefore, forces the use of the Smart Scan technology.
Explanation: Partition pruning allows you to reduce a 5TB I/O operation to a much smaller I/O operation and therefore much faster return of the information.
NEW QUESTION 10
You are calculating the storage capacity that your customer will require on their ZFS Backup Appliance. Identify the set of factors that will affect this calculation.
- A. database size, full/incremental cycle, RPO (Recovery Point Objective), and RTO (Recovery Time Objective)
- B. database size, retention period, RPO (Recovery Point Objective), and compression
- C. database size, full/incremental cycle, compression, and retention period
- D. database size, compression, and backup window
- E. full/incremental cycle, retention period, and ZFS Backup Appliance model
Explanation: Note: The Sun ZFS Backup
Appliance has extremely fast backup and restore throughputs, ensuring that backup windows
and recovery time objectives (RTOs) are met by providing timely recovery in the event of a disaster
Not A, Not E: compression is a factor
NEW QUESTION 11
You get a Host Unreachable error when you attempt to connect to a server through a network terminal command line. What are two other ways in which you can connect?
- A. Use the ILOM Web GUI.
- B. Use the dcli command at the root prompt on a database node.
- C. Attach a terminal device to the back panel of the server with a serial cable.
- D. Connect by using SQL *Plus.
- E. Log in as root on the database node using the Net1 IP address.
Explanation: In addition to gaining shell access via SSH to manage your Exadata servers, you can also access them from the Integrated Lights Out Management (ILOM) console or KVM console.
and should typically not require modifications unless you have changed network information inside your database
Note: A KVM switch (with KVM being an abbreviation for "keyboard, video and mouse") is a hardware device that allows a user to control multiple computers from one or more keyboard, video monitor and mouse. Although multiple computers are connected to the KVM, typically a smaller number of computers can be controlled at any given time
NEW QUESTION 12
Which two statements are true about CellCLI?
- A. Using a CellCLI command, you can change the SNMP subscribers or add multiple SNMP subscribers.
- B. Using CellCLI, you can stop and start the ASM instances that are using the grid disks on the Exadata storage cell.
- C. With a simple CellCLI command, you can synchronize changes to all the storage cells in the Exadata realm.
- D. Using a CellCLI command, you can see whether grid disks are being used by ASM or not.
- E. You cannot use CellCLI to gather the serial numbers of physical disks.
* Making a grid disk inactive effectively offlines its associated ASM disk.
CellCLI> alter griddisk PRORECO_CD_11_cell01 inactive GridDisk PRORECO_CD_11_cell01 successfully altered
* The command will wait until the ASM disk becomes offline. If you want the prompt to come back immediately without waiting, you can use nowait clause.
CellCLI> alter griddisk PRORECO_CD_11_cell01 inactive nowait You can make it active again:
CellCLI> alter griddisk PRORECO_CD_11_cell01 active GridDisk PRORECO_CD_11_cell01 successfully altered Incorrect:
not E: CellCLI> list physicaldisk detail output include:
NEW QUESTION 13
Your customer has purchased their brand new Exadata Database Machine X3-2 Full rack to achieve 20-TB-per-hour backups on their 300 TB database. You have been called to determine why they are not able to achieve even half that rate. Use the information in the image below to identify two reasons their backups are still slow.
- A. The Media Server to Tape Library transfer is causing a bottleneck.
- B. The number of tape drives is causing a bottleneck.
- C. Exadata backups are being performed using RMAN over the 10 Gigabit Ethernet network.
- D. The number of database servers is causing a bottleneck.
Explanation: The following bottlenecks will be reached first if using InfiniBand fabric to media server:
1. Media server to tape library SAN transfer rate
2. Number of tape drives
NEW QUESTION 14
Identify two tasks that the Database Resource Manager can perform, which the I/O Resource Manager cannot.
- A. Manage I/O based on the application that is connected to the database.
- B. Manage the number of parallel sessions for a query.
- C. Manage I/O and CPU between databases on the same cluster or physical database host.
- D. Terminate database sessions when certain limits have been reached.
- E. Manage the throughput of an I/O-bound application based on the service name used for the connection.
Explanation: IORM is similar to Oracle Database Resource Manager (DBRM) in that it provides a means for controlling allocation of system resources. Where DBRM’s primary goals are to control CPU resources, limit the degree of parallelism, and impose resource consumption constraints for different types of sessions within an Oracle database, IORM’s goal is to govern I/O resource allocations between databases on a shared storage infrastructure. When consolidating Oracle databases on Exadata, IORM can be used to ensure that I/O is controlled between databases as well as classifications of consumes that utilize the same ASM disk infrastructure and, as such, provide resource control capabilities beyond what DBRM provides within a database.
/ Using the Database Resource Manager, you can:
* Guarantee certain users a minimum amount of processing resources regardless of the load on the system and the number of users
* Distribute available processing resources by allocating percentages of CPU time to different users and applications. In a data warehouse, a higher percentage may be given to ROLAP (relational on-line analytical processing) applications than to batch jobs.
* Limit the degree of parallelism of any operation performed by members of a group of users etc
NEW QUESTION 15
Identify four significant changes when a backup of Exadata compute nodes must be performed.
- A. application of operating system patches
- B. before shutdown to preserve storage indexes
- C. application of Oracle patches
- D. reconfiguration of significant operating system parameters
- E. installation or reconfiguration of significant non-Oracle software
- F. storage server rebalancing
- G. addition of an Exadata storage expansion rack
NEW QUESTION 16
Which is a best practice for High Availability (HA) in an Exadata environment?
- A. Checksums performed on the Exadata Storage Server ensure logical consistency of block content.
- B. When a standby database is in place, DB_BLOCK_CHECKING is not required and thus not recommended.
- C. Oracle Exadata Storage Server Software HARD checks operate transparently after enabling DB_BLOCK_CHECKSUM on a database.
- D. Due to the different architecture that Exadata has with storage servers, compared to regular Storage Area Network, DB_LOST_WRITE_PROTECT need not be set.
- E. Stretched RAC is the best alternative for Exadata that combines both HA and DR into one.
Explanation: Exadata storage cells include Oracle Hardware Assisted Resilient Data (HARD) to provide a
unique level of validation for Oracle block data structures such as data block address, checksum.
and magic numbers prior to allowing a write to physical disks. HARD validation with Exadata is
automatic (setting DB_BLOCK_CHECKSUM is required to enable checksum validation). The
HARD checks transparently handle all cases including Oracle ASM disk rebalance operations and disk failures.
Not A: The checksum is used to validate that a block is not physically corrupt, detecting corruptions caused by underlying disks, storage systems, or I/O systems. Checksums do not ensure logical consistency of the block contents.
Not B: MAA recommends that you set DB_BLOCK_CHECKING=MEDIUM or FULL on the physical standby as a minimum practice to prevent the standby from various logical block corruptions.
Not D: The recommendation is:
On the primary database: DB_LOST_WRITE_PROTECT=TYPICAL (default TYPICAL on Exadata) On the Data Guard Physical Standby Database: DB_LOST_WRITE_PROTECT=TYPICAL Not E: Protection from a broad range of, but not all disasters
While not a full disaster recovery (DR) solution, an Extended Distance
Oracle RAC or Oracle RAC One Node deployment will provide protection from a broad range of
disasters. For a full DR protection Oracle recommends deploying an Oracle RAC together with a local and a remote Oracle Data Guard setup as described in the Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA).
NEW QUESTION 17
A customer has three databases named CC. FIN, and DW. The CC database is for their CallCenter. Even a slight decrease in the response time of the database would mean more people "on hold" in their data center. The orders received through the CallCenter are stored in the Finance (FIN) database. Both databases, CC and FIN, serve as sources for the Data Warehouse (DW) database. All databases use the same Automatic Storage Management (ASM) diskgroup and therefore, the same physical disks on Exadata storage. The customer wants to dynamically control the resources that are available for the CallCenter database because this has direct impact on their operations?
Which option should be implemented?
- A. DBRM on the CC database
- B. DBRM on all the databases
- C. IORM, because DBRM cannot be changed for an existing session
- D. IORM and DBRM
Explanation: Using the Database Resource Manager, you can:
Distribute available processing resources by allocating percentages of CPU time to different users and applications. In a data warehouse, a higher percentage may be given to ROLAP (relational on-line analytical processing) applications than to batch jobs.
Thanks for reading the newest 1z0-485 exam dumps! We recommend you to try the PREMIUM Certleader 1z0-485 dumps in VCE and PDF here: https://www.certleader.com/1z0-485-dumps.html (71 Q&As Dumps)